we’re getting married in approximately
yikes! apart from being suddenly crazy busy at work (him) and suddenly having to change ALL my travel plans this week (me), i am suddenly seized with the wedding panic. and when i am in a panic, i make lists. lists and lists and lists and lists within lists.
Wedding Dinner venue
- decided hotel, placed a tentative hold on dates
- had food tasting, it went well, our fears are allayed.
- flowers and deco, part of the package, various options available
- theme, part of the package, various options available
- rooms for overseas guests and wedding parties, acceptable rates
- tables, decided, allocated to parents
- wedding invites, to handmake or go with stock?
- have to discuss if elder can marry us in hotel
- marriage counselling, to be arranged
- flowers and deco, is there a package?
- music, to talk to friends to help out
- PA system & rehearsal, to confirm with hotel
- hymns, to select 4? is that too many?
- wedding verse, to pray about it
- gym membership vs home gym? we bought a bench press (for him) and a cross trainer (for me)
- gym regime, HAHAHA
- shoes, because i need motivation. (bought the Adidas adizero feather)
- To go with a package or to tailor? the package is inexpensive, but the dresses doesnt hit the spot. to tailor a dress is to be charged an exorbitant fee because its a wedding dress, when in fact the design i want is a pretty straight forward gown. anyone with a gown tailor to recommend?
- designs, dont get me started. how does one consolidate 26 years of planning and mind changing?
- material, to put aside time with mum to hit the fabric shops
- veil, i never thought there was so much thought that went into it!! omg, elbow or fingertip? mantilla, tulle or full lace? trimming or no? buy online or tailor or use what they have? i actually have this crazy idea to keep my wedding veil, so my daughter (if i do have a daughter) can use it for her wedding if she wishes. a veil is much easier to keep than a dress
Urgh, just talking about the wedding dress puts me in a funk.